Wednesday 19 March 2008

Beach Bum for easter

Tomorrow I am catching the bus to Kribi, a town 4 hours by bus from Yaounde. So, we will all 4 of us set off once we have finished our work, at about 12 mid-day and wait at the bus stain until the bus is so full that we could not possibley get another bottom on a seat.

I will be there until Sunday evening, with Rachel, Elle and Marg from Wales and Linda, a VSO volunteer from Holland.  we will then travel back to Yaounde to complete the writing up of our work here.

So, Easter with all the Cameroonian tourist at the seaside. I am told that the beaches are white, there is  fish a plenty and even some night clubs. But, I just want to swim in the sea, eat fish and read my book under a coconut tree.

What a lucky person I am. No Easter egg hunts but plenty of fresh pineapples for my breakfast.

I will not be blogging for a few days, until back at the internet cafe in downtown Yaounde.

Happy weekend all you UK easter bunnies and to my dear son and daughter, I think the easter bunny might come to you if you look where the christmas stockings are stored. Obviously this bunny got Christmas and Easter muddled, which is an easy thing to do if you are: 
1) a rabbit  
2) an atheist.

But at least the bunny has a better memory than the tooth fairy who is never to be trusted to arrive on time.

Happy holidays. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the Tooth Fairy was as organised as the Easter Bunny appears to be then we would have been rich aged -10!

Hope you had a coconut tree to sit under, that the pineapple was sweet and the water so blue and warm it was like swimming in saphire.
Happy Easter
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Namaste Polly!!!

Your tales remind me of india in so many ways. I think I've just read the last few weeks all in one go and have really enjoyed reading it with many laughs! You surely are having an amazing time out there...enjoy your remaning time and be present in it to get the most from it rather than thinking of home. So regarding your remark of mixing up xmas and easter I had a xmas card from you through the door yesterday!...thank you...but does this mean I'll get an easter egg for my birthday in August!!!

Love Kalavathi.xxx.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Granny and Grace in Gloucester. Temperature - snow. Off to Otakers to get warm!

Lots of Love Mummy and Precious Lamb
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx